- 1 Server Rules:
- 1.1 General Etiquette:
- 1.2 Prohibited Behaviors:
- 1.3 Civilization/RP Server:
- 1.4 GULAG Rules
- 1.5 TDM Server:
- 1.6 RP Standards
- 1.7 Discord Rules:
- This server is medium/high-roleplay server, good communication skills are necessary!
- Speak proper lingo for the current epoch of your team/the server (Don’t be using net speak in any era other than modern, no caveman or gladiator ran around saying LOL.)
- It is against the rules to speak about Out-Of-Character topics Inside-Character and viceversa on purpose.
- Do not abuse mentorhelp/adminhelp, use mentorhelp for questions regarding gameplay and adminhelp for questions regarding bugs/rules. If there are no admins online, ping admins or mentors in the Discord server for help.
- Once a round ends (The restart/epoch vote goes through), you may go around killing and griefing as you please.
- You must not be toxic or too agitated in OOC or Dead-chat. As much as it sucks losing your character, it is part of the game.
- This server's primary language is English, please use English when communicating in game.
- Ban evading is strictly prohibited.
- When able to be applied, discord rules also are carried into the game, such as keeping things to the right channels, no spam, etc.
- Every user must have common sense to identify and apply the rules to their behavior correctly so as to avoid breaking the rules and to discern wrong-doers from players who follow the rules.
- Erotic Roleplay (also known as ERP, it’s gross).
- Griefing (Destroying, hurting, stealing, etc. without escalation/valid purpose.)
- Metagaming (Using external chats/knowledge to aid yourself in-game.)
- Exploiting Glitches (EX: Using a duplication glitch instead of reporting it. Clipping through walls, etc.)
- Hacking (You really shouldn’t waste time trying to hack a really bad game engine.)
- Obscene Names (Pick something RP friendly, and avoid copying other players names too.)
- Spamming any form of chat (This includes OOC and LOOC)
- Adminhelping/Mentorhelping sentence fragments. (Explain your situation throughoully, not just “Help”)
- Being “Toxic” (You have a right to be angry, just don’t take it out on others.)
- Bypassing language barriers (Such as using LOOC, or typing on paper. You should use emote verbs and you can do “drawings” on paper (EX: writing *A drawing of two stick figures crossing spears*))
- Killing yourself to play a different culture/race, if you don't wanna play that race you can kill yourself and stay dead the rest of the round, otherwise play with what you're given. In TDM, if you chose a wrong role, ahelp first so you're not wasting a role.
- Do not murder or harm SSD/Disconnected characters, or purposefully put them into danger.
- You can steal from anyone, anywhere, but being caught stealing makes you able to be killed.
- You may not name yourself after real figures, or name your faction after a real faction (Can’t name yourself hitler, and you may not name your faction something like “The 3rd Reich”, be original. Mis-spelled and tongue-in-cheek names also counts, such as “Ayedulf Hutler”.)
- Actions in game are to be validated by a logic reason, for example; A war/conflict must be legitimized by the attackers either lacking enough of “X”/desiring more of “X” due to religious, economic or personal (the ones your character developped through no necessary control of your own.) reasons. Another example is the mandatory improvement to one’s character/family/home/neighbourhood/faction (in that order (unless there is a reason which comes from an IC action/event, not yours.) which we are driven to when we are prosperous.
- Death and Injuries should be treated seriously (If you are diced up, surrender and don’t act like some macho-super-warrior (unless it fits you icly). You shouldn’t treat death as something to shrug off.)
- IN CASE OF PERSISTENCE: You may not break into a offline players base/home, this goes for faction bases as well. You may however pick up loose items on the ground, or enter unlocked or opened areas.
Because server is MRP/HRP, this means you must “escalate” conflicts.
Escalation is the act of using RP to build up tensions.
Usable of emote verbs and the “me” verb are strongly encouraged for escalating when you cannot communicate verbally.
For example, if you want to rob someone, escalation should look something like this:
Person 1: “You there! I like your backpack! You should hand it over!”
Person 2: “What? No! This is my backpack, go get your own!"
Person 1: “I said give me that backpack! Do it or else you’re going to get hurt!”
Person 1 draws out a weapon!
Person 2: “Was that a threat? I will never yield to you!”
Person 2 draws out a weapon!
Person 1: “So be it! That backpack is mine!”
Person 1: “Give me your backpack!”
Person 2: “No!”
If someone is ignoring your attempts to escalate, or makes it so you can’t talk to them to escalate (For example, they walk away mid-conversation and keep walking when you try talking.) then they may be attacked.
If you don't share a mutual language, you still need to properly escalate and convey your intent. Rather than screaming and tryng to push them down and punch them like a monkey with no brain, try using *me and describing things. Like if you wanted someone to leave, "Points to (person you want to leave) and points away from the settlement with an angry expression and hand by his sword". Theres better ways to communicate than trying to be a monkey bashing his fists against his chest and flinging shit at people.
Wars are very special things, and should not be handled lightly.
Wars should be escalation on a large scale, one small skirmish with a few people between two factions does not count as war.
Only a member of the faction with a leading role may declare war.
A faction when wanting to start a war needs to have a significant reason to. When in any doubt, the faction leader should contact an admin beforehand.
Wars should always have advance warning for the defending side like any escalation, and all wars must have a chance for the other side to back down (EX: “We want your oil wells! Allow us to take this town and leave, or else you must die!”)
On non-nomads maps, you must play the role you join as (For example, if you join as a blacksmith, you open up a shop.)
When there are multiple teams, this does not mean you are enemies, however some maps do have two rival factions, which is generally stated. (EX: Colonists do not attack natives randomly.)
When teams do have a dispute, people with combat roles should be fighting, not civilians or shopkeepers.
- No rioting until after 30 minutes and you've made a plan. Not 1 guy ungas a guard and 20 join in. Those 20 should already be apart of the plan and know it's going to happen.
- Guards can't kill prisoners without good reason and should always try to keep them alive, a dead prisoner can't work.
- Guards shouldn't have any riot gear before 30 minutes, and after only when they've been given a reason.
- Prisoners should always escape with a well thought plan, not wing it.
- Prisoners can kill eachother with escalation and IC reason, a guard just needs IC reason.
- Guards can't shoot first rather than baton them, they need to try and apprehend them (void in the case of riots)
- Prisoners are against eachother mostly based on faction, but in the end you're all comrades in gulag.
- Prisoners are to do their job, if it's not open such as the mine, don't break in, wait till a guard opens it etc. Play cards or something while you wait.
- Guards can beat and apprehend anyone who crossed the borderline. The snipers can shoot, but should aim to wound, not kill.
- You must value your life, admins will often be disabling respawn to make it so. Act like you actually would to your wounds and situation. Don't lose and arm and state "Tis but a scratch!"
- No teamkilling (If someone is disobeying a higher-ups orders, they may be executed by the officer or arrested).
- Wearing an enemy uniform is allowed, but you can be teamkilled for it.
- You may commit warcrimes (Killing medics or people who have surrendered, however if someone is trying to capture a surrendered individual, or do some RP with a medic/prisoner, don’t attack them.)
- No stealing from your teammates (Don’t take your friends boots, or break into your commanders office just to get something.)
- Don’t waste your teams resources, or do things to inconvenience them purposefully (This is
- counted as griefing).
- Even though there's less “RP” in TDM, stick to character (Running around naked is not something a soldier would do.)
- Spawncamping is prohibited, unless the map has the goal to capture the enemy HQ where the enemy spawn.
The TDM server is an MRP server, meaning you need to stick to acting as your role would. Don't say things they wouldn't say, do things they wouldn't do, etc. Appearance and gender are also taken into account. Each faction has it's own restrictions/guidelines for appearance you are to follow.All hair and eye colors should remain darker variants to spare people's poor retinas, and really light hair looks bad. Also no neon hair colors, realistic colors for their ethnicities only.
- no grey hair
- keep hair short
- facial hair short, no beards beyond something like a goatee
- skin color must be between 30-45
- no grey hair
- Keep hair shorter side, no long hair beyond the shoulders
- Facial hair can be beards, but no big beards (No dwarf beards etc.)
- skin color must be between 30-45
- No grey hair
- Hair trimmed short
- Facial hair short/mustache or shaved
- skin color must be between 30-45
- Short hair, black or a really dark brown
- Facial Hair must be short such as a mustache or none at all
- Skin color between 20-45
- Short hair, Black or dark brown
- Facial hair can be long such as a long beard
- Skin color must be from 85-125
- Short to long length hair, black hair or really dark brown
- Facial hair can be long such as a beard, but not too long
- Skin color must be from 55-95
- Keep topics to their appropriate channels as much as possible.
- Do not spam.
- Do not ping people needlessly.
- Advertising will get you banned, unless the current topic of conversation is about that server.
The following content is not allowed to be posted:
- Illicit links and files.
- Excessive Violence
What staff say is law, so if they ask you to stop, stop.