Guide to Hygiene and Mood
Guide to Hygiene and Mood
In this Guide you'll learn how not to be a filthy disgusting unga that is so depressed he's considering drowning himself in his own urine as a way of suicide. In other words, someone who won't be hated by literally everyone around them. Wow! Rare indeed.
Guide to Hygiene
So, you're a bit stinky and need a good wash. There are currently two ways you are able to wash yourself. 1. is a bucket of clean water (pots and barrels work too). 2. is a shower.
Washing your stinky ass self:
- Fill a bucket with at least 30 units of clean water, either from a well, or boiled in a pot from a puddle or river.
- Strip like you're at the club and just had 40 beers and don't care who sees your Johnson. In other words be naked.
- Target the chest area while on harm intent, and click yourself.
- This washes you, which should raise your hygiene enough so you're not stinky with a cloud of filth and smell around you. However it can dissipate fairly fast, so wash yourself a few times (Usually 3 is just fine) and it should last a bit.
Crafting a Shower:
- With a stack of ten glass in hand, press Z.
- Select the Shower option. Mind that the shower will be built BEHIND you, so if you want it on a wall, turn your back to it.
- An advanced washing apparatus is ready for your use.
Washing yourself with a shower:
- Be naked
- Turn it on
- Stand under it for a few seconds
- Your stinky cloud should disappear. Sitting under it until it's steamy, then it's equivalent to washing yourself a few times with a bucket.
Congrats! You're no longer stinky.
Using the Washroom
So, you're an unga who's about to shit him or herself. Well, the steps to prevent doo doo in your pantsu are very simple. There are 3 types of toilets/latrines you can use. 1. the Pit Latrine dug with a shovel, 2. an Outhouse made from wood or 3. a Toilet made from glass (make sure the lid is open).
Digging a Latrine:
- Have a Shovel and Press Z to open the menu and select "Pit Latrine" Out of the three options.
- Stand over said Pit Latrine and use the Pee and Poop emotes.
- Leave with your dignity having not shit yourself. (make sure its an outhouse not just open space, privacy is needed)
Building an Outhouse:
- With a stack of at least 35 Wood in hand, press Z.
- Select the Hygiene category, then choose one of three types of outhouse (the only difference is appearance).
- There, now you can do your business away from prying eyes.
Crafting a Toilet:
- With a stack of Glass in hand, press Z.
- Select the Toilet option.
- Bam, you've now got a shitter.
Use these toiletries in privacy, make outhouses, don't shit everywhere or make a mess. You filthy ungas, clean up after yourselves!
Look at you! That unkempt beard of yours shows me something from every meal you had last week! This may have been acceptable back in the Cave Age, but not any more! Make yourself a damn Razor out of bronze or iron and cut that hair by clicking yourself with a Razor on "help" intent!
You would not want to carry a colony of blood-sucking, possibly disease-ridden little nasties on your very own self, would you? To avoid painful death from typhus and preserve your style and dignity, be sure to wash your wearables from time to time. This includes clothing and footwear. You can see the degree of an item's dirtiness by examining it (Shift+Click). To wash something, take it in your hands and click a water tile, a well or a puddle with it.
Keeping the place clean
Bear in mind, that having any kind of turd or turd-related constructions (outhouses etc.) within 4 tiles of a well will contaminate it, making its water unsafe to drink.
Guide to Mood
Are you constantly feeling depressed? Getting weird audio randomly out of nowhere? Well, then you've got a shit mood! There's only 2 real ways to increase your mood.
- Drugs, such as Cocaine and Opium.
- Good complex foods like Boiled Rice, Roasted Meat Steak, Noodles, Sandwiches, etc.
- Alcohol, like vodka and sake.
Things that can decrease mood:
- Other people's Stench (when they have a cloud of filth around them they decrease your mood and you get a message that they smell)
- Your own Stench
- Your own low Hygiene
- Killing others (Drastically decreases mood, especially when cut someone's head off)
- Delimbed Body Parts and Gore
Now you know how to manage your mood with these not so effective up keeps! But did you know mood effects more than you thought? Mood can effect your max skill stats. such as if you're feeling great you can have 2.875 as a stat cap. When your mood is shit, it can only be 2.0 (it will appear as 20x but it's actually 2.0x) So your mood can actually effect your ability to do things and speed of doing things greatly, and thus does matter, especially in combat situations.